HOW TO GET HERE
We look forward to welcoming you
Kuala Besut Jetty is the main jetty to Pulau Perhentian (Perhentian Islands). Located between Kota Bharu, Kelantan and Kuala Trengganu, Trengganu, it is easily accessible via Kota Bharu and Kuala Trengganu domestic airports, Jerteh bus station and Tanah Merah train station.
For your convenience, upon booking, Alunan Resort can help to arrange for boat transfers from Kuala Besut Jetty to our resort and back.
- Boat Transfer: The journey will take 30-45 minutes
- Rates per person for return journey: RM 70 (adult) and RM 35 (child aged 2-12)
- Boat Schedule: Subject to weather and sea conditions
- Kuala Besut Jetty to Alunan Resort: Departures between the hours of 8am to 4pm daily
- Alunan Resort to Kuala Besut Jetty: 8am, 12pm and 4pm daily
Upon your arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) or Subang Airport, take a domestic flight to Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) which is the closest airport to Kuala Besut. The flight duration from Kuala Lumpur is approximately 45-60 minutes. Airlines for your consideration include Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia, FireFly and Malindo Air.
From Kota Bharu Airport (KBR), take a taxi to Kuala Besut Jetty. The journey is about 60 – 90 minutes (note : journey may take more than 60 minutes on Fridays due to prayers). Please plan your flight journey according to our boat schedule.
For a glimpse of the local countryside, take an express bus/coach service from Kuala Lumpur (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan : TBS bus station – 8 hours), Penang (6 hours), Singapore (10 hours), and Johor Bharu (9 hours) to Jerteh. Daily departures are available. From Jerteh, take a 30-minute taxi ride to Kuala Besut Jetty.
Please check your departure/arrival times with the bus/coach company and plan your journey according to our boat schedule.
If you have time on your hands, take an overnight train with sleeping berths from Kuala Lumpur, Taman Negara (Pahang), Johor Bahru or Singapore to Kelantan. The recommended disembarkation point is Tanah Merah train station. From Tanah Merah, take a 45-minute taxi ride to Kuala Besut Jetty.
Please check your departure/arrival times at the train stations listed above and plan your journey according to our boat schedule.
From Kuala Lumpur :
- Via Karak Highway › Raub › Gua Musang › Kuala Krai › Jerteh › Kuala Besut Jetty
(Approximately 460 km)
- Via Karak Highway › Kuantan › Kuala Terengganu › Jerteh › Kuala Besut Jetty
From the south (Singapore or Johor Bharu ) :
- Via Mersing › Pekan › Kuantan › Kuala Terengganu › Jerteh › Kuala Besut Jetty
- Via Johor Bharu › Segamat › Kuantan › Kuala Terengganu › Jerteh › Kuala Besut Jetty
From the north (Penang) :
- Via Grik › Jeli › Jerteh › Kuala Besut Jetty
From South of Thailand :
- Via Sg. Golok, Thailand › Rantau Panjang › Kota Bharu › Kuala Besut Jetty
- Via Padang Besar › Alor Setar › Sungei Petani › Baling › Grik › Jeli › Jerteh › Kuala Besut Jetty
*** Parking is available at Kuala Besut Jetty.